When you are selling your home, don’t forget to add some sparkle and shine to the outside of your house to make a great first impression! Here are five important exterior upgrades to make to increase your home’s curb appeal that won’t break the bank AND will give you a great return for your investment:
Five Important Exterior upgrades
- Power wash the outside of your house. You’ll be amazed at what a difference this makes!
- Professionally clean your windows and screens.
- Repair siding or decking on the house, and re-paint or re-stain if it looks dingy and weather-worn.
- Spruce up the yard with colorful flowers and shrubs, edge the lawn, and trim trees, including removing dead limbs for a tidier look.
- Re-paint your front door. Use a color that is different from your neighbor’s across the street. If your front door has no window, consider replacing with a front door that allows additional light into your home.
What exterior upgrades have you made before selling your home? Did they pay off for you?